The Power of Gospel or The Gospel

"All I Want For For Christmas...is you. You baby." Wow, I just came from hearing Providence College's very own Footprints Gospel Choir and it was really fun and encouraging to see so many different students in the audience enjoying the music and songs. Add to it mini-poinsettas of all colors, treats from La Salle Bakery, hot chocolate courtesy of Sodexho and Martinelli's sparkling cider, it made for a festive air in Slavin Center.

The choir sang some of my favorite praise and worship songs like "Revelation 19:1" and "I love you Lord." They also gave a jazzy gospel twist to "Jesus is the Reason" which got the audience rockin'. Then last they led us in a sing along to "All I want for Christmas."

At the same time I really, truly felt led to thank God for coming to earth as a human being to give you, me, us a pathway to a healing of our hearts and souls. There is so much brokenness in this world of ours that it's a wonder that any person would have faith...and yet I do. And hearing the gospel choir and simply the Gospel itself reminds me that I can continue to do so.

"But the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people."
~ Luke 2:10, The New Living Translation, 2007

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Institutional Racism and Higher Education

Split and Stereotyping

Lost & Found