Yup, Got My Card

Okay, so this morning I went to get the mail and guess what? My AARP card finally arrived. For those who are not in the know, AARP = American Association for Retired Persons. Even though I still have another 20 years of work ahead of me I figured I might as well as enjoy the benefits of being older.  Yes, benefits, which are (in my mind):

  1. Really not caring what other people think when it comes to my body, my choices, and my preferences.
  2. Giving in to the necessity to be moderate in exercising rather than intense workouts that tend to cause me soreness and even pain.
  3. Appreciating more and more my boyfriend who is 12 years my junior.
  4. Not feeling the need to get married - ever.
  5. Having longer hair even as I'm losing some of it.
  6. Re-inventing myself by returning to graduate school for a new vocation.
  7. Discounts!
  8. Wearing sunblock because I want to reduce my chances for skin cancer and not wrinkles.
  9. Releasing people in my life who make little to no effort to nurture our friendship. No judgment but just lightening the load.
  10. Enjoying carbs. Yes, I still want that ginger scone from Seven Stars Bakery.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Institutional Racism and Higher Education

Split and Stereotyping

Lost & Found