Way Too Long

It has been way too long since my last blog posting, which I admit I snagged from my previous posting that I wrote for my job at Providence College.  Since last May I've made a couple of major decisions in my life - one of which was resigning from my full-time job at director for student multicultural activities and returning to graduate school and the other was sharing my space with a new apartment mate who also happens to be (at least for me) an off the chart extrovert.  Both decisions have been life-changing in many ways.

I have to confess that I LOVE being back in school full-time.  What can I say? I love to read, study and write papers.  My introverted self is loving all of this as I get to spend lots of time by myself and delving into interesting topics.  Also I realized after having worked in diversity and social justice effort at PWIs (Primarily White Institutions) that I was emotionally, mentally and physically exhausted.  As much as diversity and social justice is so very important to me (and is my life) it became obvious to me that what I was doing wasn't making much of a dent in systemic -isms on a college campus especially PWIs.

So here I am..happily studying while taking a breather to reflect on all that I did (and couldn't do) in the past fourteen years.  More on that to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Institutional Racism and Higher Education

Split and Stereotyping

Lost & Found